- News: $20,000 Donated To Get Laptops To Help Alaska’s Growing Foster Youth PopulationAnchorage-Today Rep. Les Gara (D-Anchorage) announced a major donation to the “Laptops for Foster Youth” effort. The goal is to get needed laptop computers to Alaska's growing number of foster youth. A few years ago there were roughly 1,700 foster youth in Alaska. Today there are approximately 2,200 foster youth in the state.
- NEWS: Silver Alert System Goes Live; Protects Missing Seniors and Vulnerable AdultsANCHORAGE – Today, the long-awaited Silver Alert rapid response and notification system went live at silveralert.alaska.gov. The network’s protections are especially important to senior citizens with dementia, adults with developmental disabilities, veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and other disabled adults
- News: $20,000 Donated To Get Laptops To Help Alaska’s Growing Foster Youth Population
- Walker/Mallott Unity Ticket holding several events in Juneau Sept. 29; Walker attending gubernatorial debate at Chamber Lunch from 11:30am to 1pm at Suite 907
- Bill Walker & Byron Mallott — Alaskans First Unity Ticket — visiting Juneau Sept. 11-12, public invited to events
- Bill Walker and Byron Mallott join forces to defeat Gov. Parnell
- Tongass Democrats host annual picnic August 17, noon-3pm, Sandy Beach Large Shelter
- Everyone welcome: McGuan for State House Salmon BBQ Fundraiser Thursday, August 7, 5-7pm
Bill Walker & Byron Mallott — Alaskans First Unity Ticket — visiting Juneau Sept. 11-12, public invited to events
Alaska’s Unity Ticket — Bill Walker for Governor, Byron Mallott for Lt. Governor — is now in place and has been resoundingly endorsed by the Alaska Democratic Party. Some are thrilled about it, some pretty angry, some feeling disenfranchised, that our primary votes had no meaning, and some are at a loss for words. No matter where you may be on that spectrum, here are articles about the Unity Ticket for your consideration.
Democrats, we must defeat Gov. Parnell on November 4, and with this Unity Ticket, Putting Alaskans First, we will!