- Rep. Josephson’s Newsletter: First Real Week of SessionThe first real week of session is coming to a close and what an informative week it has been. Every legislator is assigned to various subcommittees to discuss department budgets. I have the privilege of sitting on four of these subcommittees: University, Law, Natural Resources, and Environmental Conservation. At these meetings we get an overview of their bud […]
- Rep. Tarr’s Newsletter: New Staff, Local Events, and an Amazing Girl Scout TroopSession is moving along and our committee work is picking up! Next week I’ll give a report on the activities in the Resources and Health and Social Services Committee with updates on Medicaid expansion and the AKLNG Project.
- Rep. Josephson’s Newsletter: First Real Week of Session
- Public invited to attend Annual Democratic Auction Saturday, Jan. 24, 6pm, at Rockwell in downtown Juneau
- Legislators return to State Capitol for 29th Alaska Legislature
- Juneau Inaugural Ball Saturday, January 10, 2015, Centennial Hall & JACC, 8pm
- Alaska welcomes Unity Ticket — Governor Bill Walker and Lieutenant Governor Byron Mallott
- Walker/Mallott Unity Ticket holding several events in Juneau Sept. 29; Walker attending gubernatorial debate at Chamber Lunch from 11:30am to 1pm at Suite 907
Public invited to attend Annual Democratic Auction Saturday, Jan. 24, 6pm, at Rockwell in downtown Juneau
The public is invited to attend a “Welcome Back to Juneau” fundraiser hosted by the Senate and House Democratic Campaign Committees. It’s Monday, Jan. 19, 5-8pm, at the Juneau-Douglas City Museum. Their special guest will be Lt. Governor Byron Mallott. Light refreshments will be served. Please join us!
Governor Bill Walker and Lieutenant Governor Byron Mallott were sworn in Monday, December 1, 2014. This is Alaska’s first bi-partisan ticket; Bill Walker is an Independent; Byron Mallott is a Democrat. They are also Alaska’s first Governor and Lt. Governor both born in Alaska, and Lt. Governor Mallott is Alaska’s first Native Alaskan elected to statewide office. See links below for pictures and coverage of Inauguration Day.
Watch KTOO 360 North’s coverage of the swearing in ceremony here: http://www.360north.org/2014/11/26/special-gavel-alaska-coverage-walker-mallott-swearing/
Bill Walker & Byron Mallott — Alaskans First Unity Ticket — visiting Juneau Sept. 11-12, public invited to events
Alaska’s Unity Ticket — Bill Walker for Governor, Byron Mallott for Lt. Governor — is now in place and has been resoundingly endorsed by the Alaska Democratic Party. Some are thrilled about it, some pretty angry, some feeling disenfranchised, that our primary votes had no meaning, and some are at a loss for words. No matter where you may be on that spectrum, here are articles about the Unity Ticket for your consideration.
Democrats, we must defeat Gov. Parnell on November 4, and with this Unity Ticket, Putting Alaskans First, we will!