- Rep. Kawasaki’s Juneau Note: PUBLIC ALERT: Budget TestimonyWe Need to Hear from You! The budget will be heard in the Finance meetings all week before it is voted on by the House in the near future. As you may have heard, we have an enormous $3.5 billion deficit due to lower oil production and prices under the “Oil Wealth Giveaway”. Here is a snapshot of some of the budget highlights that we will consider this week. […]
- Rep. Josephson’s Newsletter: Public Testimony ScheduledThis week the House Finance committee will be holding public testimony on the State Operating Budget. Anchorage has its own time slot and day scheduled so if you have any concerns this will be your chance to be heard. Are you’re concerned about the projected cuts to public education ($23.3 million); cuts to the University budget (about $35 million); the excl […]
- Rep. Kawasaki’s Juneau Note: PUBLIC ALERT: Budget Testimony
- Alaska Young Democrats Host Sham Jam 30th Anniversary
- Governor Walker pushes forward with Medicaid expansion
- Public invited to attend Annual Democratic Auction Saturday, Jan. 24, 6pm, at Rockwell in downtown Juneau
- Legislators return to State Capitol for 29th Alaska Legislature
- Juneau Inaugural Ball Saturday, January 10, 2015, Centennial Hall & JACC, 8pm
On February 6, 2015, Governor Walker held a press conference about his administration’s plan to expand Medicaid. Watch it at https://vimeo.com/118961314
Public invited to attend Annual Democratic Auction Saturday, Jan. 24, 6pm, at Rockwell in downtown Juneau
The public is invited to attend a “Welcome Back to Juneau” fundraiser hosted by the Senate and House Democratic Campaign Committees. It’s Monday, Jan. 19, 5-8pm, at the Juneau-Douglas City Museum. Their special guest will be Lt. Governor Byron Mallott. Light refreshments will be served. Please join us!
Governor Bill Walker and Lieutenant Governor Byron Mallott were sworn in Monday, December 1, 2014. This is Alaska’s first bi-partisan ticket; Bill Walker is an Independent; Byron Mallott is a Democrat. They are also Alaska’s first Governor and Lt. Governor both born in Alaska, and Lt. Governor Mallott is Alaska’s first Native Alaskan elected to statewide office. See links below for pictures and coverage of Inauguration Day.
Watch KTOO 360 North’s coverage of the swearing in ceremony here: http://www.360north.org/2014/11/26/special-gavel-alaska-coverage-walker-mallott-swearing/